Looking for an easy, delicious, and VEGAN soup to make when you're in a hurry? Look no further.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ a white onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped and peeled ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups Nuthatch Golden Turmeric Oat milk
- 1 lb chopped carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ – 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch or two cayenne, to taste (optional)
- Peel and chop onion, ginger and garlic.
- Peel and chop the carrots into ½ inch rings.
- Heat oil in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add onions and ginger and sauté until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add veggie stock, carrots, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat down and simmer until carrots are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into blender until very smooth and velvety.
- Place the soup back in a pot, over low heat and add coconut milk, curry, and maple.
- Add turmeric and cayenne (optional).
- Top with cilantro.